Location : Schnectady or Albany/NY
Duration :12 months extendable
Tier 3 Database Administrator
This position is integral to the information delivery of client's database systems.
As part of a team which includes 3 Lead databases administrators this Tier 3 DBA’s
primary area of responsibility will be Oracle, Microsoft SQLServer and MySQL database administration, including but not limited
• Performance measurement and tuning
• Upgrades, migrations and platform conversions from Solaris to Linux.
• Coordination of administrative tasks performed by GRC’s Tier 2 remote database
• Upgrade and configuration of our global Oracle Enterprise Management environment.
• providing database assistance for projects on an as needed basis.
• Creating, reviewing and revising Standard Operating Procedures for database best practices
• Act as database lead for the 2012 Financial data warehouse project which includes database upgrade and re-host from Solaris to Linux and upgrade, re-host and support for Oracle’s Warehouse Builder product.
• Provide off-hours support, as needed, especially during planned weekend datacenter shutdowns.
Skills and Competencies:
• Five or more year’s experience in Oracle database administration, including experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager.
• Ability/willingness to learn and support Microsoft SQLServer and MySQL environments and Oracle’s eBusiness suite.
• Experience with installation, support and performance tuning of Oracle’s Warehouse Builder product.
• PL/SQL experience
• Database performance analysis and tuning
• Ability to provide results, working independently with limited direction of others.
• Strong business, customer support, and interpersonal communication skills"